Run Lola Run

Run Lola Run ★★★★½

Man... probably the most mysterious species on our planet. A mystery of unanswered questions. Who are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going?

When I started this, I had no idea what it was about, or anything. But that animated opening scene felt so amazing and refreshing, unexpected in the best way.

The animated sequence is quirky and cute... But when the live action starts, it becomes a rush of adrenaline that doesn't stop until the movie ends.

Run Lola Run is really disquieting and I felt like I was running with Lola. I felt agitated and anxious, and when *that* happened, I was bawling and I knew in that moment that this was totally my thing (if you've seen the movie you know what I mean).

There is also a little gimmick that I loved in Run Lola Run... Everytime Lola runs and touches someone, the movie shows a little glimpse of their lives after that encounter, and I simply find that detail brilliant. How many times we see other people that we'll never see again? Wouldn't you want to know what happened with them?

Angeles ✨ liked these reviews