Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049 ★★★★★

Phew... how to talk about this movie? How do it justice? I can’t and I won’t dare to  try. Instead I’m gonna talk about something else surrounding the experience of seeing this movie that would have become one of my favourites.
It’s been like 5 months since I first saw this and it was one of my favourite theater experiences ever ever ever. I don’t think I have ever been more nervous going to the cinema. It was an extremely chilling, thrilling and exciting feeling and somehow I really loved it (?) because at the same time I knew I was about to experience something really special. But there was another feeling I found even better. It’s this feeling you get when you’re sitting completely alone in a theater, the feeling of the music pounding in your ears and, most significantly, feeling as if this film, in that precise moment, is only yours, and not in a selfish way, but in the way of (I’m struggling to describe it)... uhmm the feeling that you’re part of the movie, that the screening room in which you’re sitting has become part of it and that the screen is completely immersing you in and letting you be part of the world in which the film takes place... and it is one of the best feelings ever I swear. And this is obviously not specific for this movie (For example, I had a similar experience with movies like Wonder Woman (2017), Black Panther (2018) and Dunkirk (2017)) and it is something that makes me love these movies even more.
Now, don’t get me wrong, watching a movie with friends or family in a theater is really enjoyable and watching a movie alone at home really is one of the best things ever, but soaking in such a fantastic movie like this in a giant room and on a giant screen without any distractions is, for me, one of the best things ever and I really recommend trying it if you have the opportunity...

mary🦋 liked these reviews