The tournament began on January 1st, 2016. This is how it works:
- We start with 48 films from 48 countries.
- The winning country from each match advances, and will be represented by a different film in the next round.
- There are 5 rounds. In round 1 there are 3 films per match (only 1 advances). In rounds 2-5 there is 2 films per match.
There are few restrictions:
- The film must have <1000 checks on iCM.
- The film must be no longer than 3 hours.
- You may only use 1 film per director throughout the entire tournament.
Voters are obliged to watch all three films from a specific group in order to…