A Star Is Born ★★½

Prepare to hate me, y'all.

When you meet someone for the first time, I don't care if he's famous, the fact that he touches your arm weirdly, asks to touch your nose inappropriately, and sucks on your finger to remove a ring is creepy.

Bradley Cooper once heard Lady Gaga live singing La Vie en Rose and decided he wanted to meet with her about being in his movie. And in the movie, his character hears her live singing La Vie en Rose and wants to help her with her career. Groundbreaking.

I liked roughly the first 30 minutes of the movie, which was what the trailer was based on. And on that note, really, kuddos to the trailer-cutting company for only using footage from the beginning of the movie to promote it. That's the kind of thing I appreciate.

To be honest with you, I didn't really plan on going to see this movie. I didn't put it on my list of releases to check out. But given the Oscar buzz it is sure to get, I caved and went to see it.

I didn't particularly like any of the main characters. I didn't buy the romance. Once Ally can just be famous and sing crap, she doesn't seem to care about her own music.

The Shallow song is nice, until it does something I hate. "Sha-ha-ha-halow. Sha-la-la-la-low". I really don't like when in songs they just make sounds to show how great of a voice the singer has.

I'm sure this will get all the awards nominations. And it bothers me.

Marion liked this review