Birdman ★★★★

I know a lot of people are pissed that Birdman won Best Picture at the 2015 Academy Awards instead of Boyhood; but when the ceremony happened I had only seen Whiplash (in the Best Picture category), so I couldn't judge, and now I have seen Birdman, but no others.

Keeping that in mind —that I haven't seen Boyhood—, I'm going to make a statement that may irritate or anger some: it seems to me that more effort went into Birdman that Boyhood.
Hear me out. Sure, Boyhood has been shot over 12 years and it has never been done before and wow it's fantastic for the movie industry, or whatever; but watching Birdman, I had to think "My God, the amount of work that must have gone into the making of this movie!". Sure, the "one take movie" isn't something new, Hitchcock did it decades ago so the concept isn't revolutionary. But here the camera is always in movement, and the actors have to be incredibly precise both in their acting and in their placement, the scenes are very long and if you mess up, you have to go back to the beginning and start everything again (Emma Stone explained how she messed up a scene by walking too fast).

I don't know. I'm no cinematographer/director/filmmaker by any means, but I was impressed.

Even though the movie is barely 2 hours long, it does run a little long and I started to get restless by the end.

The performances by all of the actors are incredible! Michael Keaton obviously, but also Edward Norton, Naomi Watts, Zach Galifianakis and Emma Stone. I have a not so secret crush on her, so you may think that I'm not being fair because I like her already, but the scene where she confronts Keaton, telling him that he is nobody... Wow. That's why she was nominated for an Oscar. It was incredible.