The Dark Knight ★★★★★

Film #15 of my March 2016 Scavenger Hunt
Task #14: A Batman film to prepare for Batman v. Superman (#4)
letterboxd.com/martinjacob49/list/the-movie-kings-march-2016-scavenger-hunt/

I've seen many people who say that Watchmen is the ultimate comic book movie. Even after finally watching that film, there's no denying; it's The Dark Knight all the way.

The Dark Knight

This proves that R-rated violence, swearing, sex, and glowing blue nuggets can't hold a match to what Nolan brilliantly masters with a PG-13. Especially in coming off the heels of Batman Begins. Even the great, awesome films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe cannot top this! It's that freakin phenomenal! Themes of injustice, anarchy, and moral boundaries pushed to the limits. Christian Bale still proving his greatness as The Caped Crusader. Aaron Eckhart's complex fall from grace as "The White Knight". Gary Oldman doing what Gary Oldman does best. Same goes to Morgan Freeman. Maggie Gyllenhaal doing what Katie Holmes should have done in the predecessor. Stellar stupendous action, especially the ones filmed in IMAX (like that opener at Gotham Bank). Stirring and beautiful Wally Pfister atmosphere. Phenomenal Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard collaboration. Emotional roller coaster of an ending. And of course....

Heath Ledger killing it as The Joker. Intense, passionate, and extremely entertaining to watch. Died way too soon. RIP.

Nolan might be considered a pretentious, overrated slob to some, but The Dark Knight is positive proof that he's a masterful genius. No math required. Truly worthy of...

100/100

"I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!"

RIP Heath.