Ex Machina

Ex Machina ★★★

Considering all the praise this movie has received, I went in expecting something great. Turns out, Ex Machina was a bit of a letdown. I didn't find anything special about this movie, although it definitely shows hints of greatness throughout. Domhnall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander, and Oscar Isaac give three fantastic performances, the visuals are outstanding, and some scenes are really well thought out, but the execution isn't really there in my opinion. There were just so many moments where this movie could have done amazing things, but it never really went anywhere. The emotional payoff is not nearly as strong as it should've been, and this movie left me with so many questions, but not in a good way.

Overall, Ex Machina was a disappointment, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good movie. It's well acted and looks great, but the story just isn't that interesting and there should've been more of a payoff I thought. One to see just to form your own opinion on, and it's definitely a very different movie, but it's not one I'll be watching again.

MasterSlayer liked these reviews