Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad ★★★

Besides a pretty bad villian, some terrible writing, and a handful of really stupid scenes and some baffling decisions, I still have enough fun with this. There's tons of action and it's all helmed pretty well by Ayer, there are some great characters particularly Deadshot and Harley Quinn, and it moves by at a good clip (watched the Extended Cut this time around and it felt like a solid length). I also see a lot of people saying they didn't love the character of Rick Flag in this, but I thought he was awesome and pretty badass, despite having a few stupid exposition dump scenes (although that's the fault of the writing). I do think the story isn't the greatest at times and gets real stupid, but it's still good enough and is involving although more of a sense of urgency could have been established. Some of the characters also needed more to do, and felt like they were just kind of there.

Overall, I think this is still a pretty fun and watchable DC movie. There are many flaws, but I have some nostalgia with it as I remember how big it was back in 2016 for not just my friends but my whole school.

MasterSlayer liked these reviews