Ex Machina

Ex Machina ★★★★★

There have been a lot of films that have done this concept before. The concept of AI and it becoming more human than ever. But really none have done it this good in my opinion. Ex Machina is a chilling film that explores the relationship between AI and humans. What makes this movie really work in my opinion is the scale that this story is portrayed on. It's claustrophobic and it oozes with atmosphere. The soundtrack helps this. It honestly feels like one of the best Black Mirror episodes I've ever seen. The cinematography is gorgeous and the visuals effects are still some of the best I've ever seen. It's not necessarily the scariest film I've ever seen, not in the way that it just scares me, but it does give me chills every time I watch it.

The performances are amazing. Domhnall Gleeson, one of the most underrated actors, gives an amazing performance as always. Oscar Isaac probably gives his best performance ever and he has a lot of great chemistry with Domhnall. And Alicia Vikander gives a mesmerizing and chilling performance. This is one of my favorite movies. 2014 was such a good year for film.

Matej liked these reviews