Shutter Island ★★★★★

I don't know if my opinion will change with time, but I'm just gonna say it right now...this is the best thing Martin Scorsese has done. Shutter Island is a movie that had my attention all the way through. It's haunting and mysterious. Watching it felt like being in a maze with the main character, slowly figuring out what's going on until it all blows up in your face. It slaps you, flips you on your head and it makes you love every moment of it. It's a noir story that goes the route you'd never expect it to go and always has you second guessing. It's ominous, terrifying and poetic.

Leo's performance here is now one of my favorites of his. I don't wanna talk too much about this character or even the movie because I know there's people who still haven't seen this and I don't wanna write spoilers. I mean I don't know how I went so long without knowing anything about this movie. But pretty much everyone else is amazing here. Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Michelle Williams etc. This is probably the best movie I've seen in a while.

Matej liked these reviews