Parasite

Parasite ★★★★★

Song Kang-ho’s gasp in THAT scene is absolutely priceless. What a phenomenal actor.

This movie absolutely ROCKS from the first frame all the way to the last, but y’all already know that. I honestly have very little to add to what I previously already said. I would love to analyze it more deeply and to talk about it in more detail with spoilers, but honestly I’d prefer to do that once some more time has passed and I’ve had the chance to really ruminate on it deeply in every aspect; for now I’ll just tell you to go read this awesome analysis-review by Oscar and to go follow him right now, since he said it better here than I possibly ever could: letterboxd.com/etherealfun/film/parasite-2019/4/.

It’s crazy to see a film that is both incredibly entertaining and fast-paced yet also takes its time and develops everything properly. It’s honestly hard to choose a favorite aspect or even a favorite scene since every single second and every single plot point is just so f*cking awesome, but if I had to choose one right now it would be the zappaguri scene, it’s just pure filmmaking excellence and ecstasy: the combination of performances, camerawork and choreography, editing and especially music create something that’s honestly too good to be true, it leaves me in awe and exhilarated with every rewatch. Also easily one of the best twists in cinema history (that still has me shocked and completely hooked even on my fourth viewing) and especially one of the best 2nd acts in cinema story, if not THE best.

Oh yeah this is also officially my favorite film of all time now. Don’t know if it’s going to change in the future, but goddamnit there isn’t a single film I love more than this one right now. The only thing that gets me more excited than this movie is the prospect of watching the rest of the amazing films this incredible year still has to offer me.

MatteoWouters liked these reviews