Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★½

I loved this movie, it felt so different compared to Tarantino's other work. It felt a lot more like him going back to his 90's roots with Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but I'd hesitate to even compare it to those films. I think the main reason it is so different is that first and foremost, this film is a comedy. It has that sweet Tarantino feel to it with his style and quirks, but it made me laugh way more than any of his other films have!

The clear standout highlight of this film is Brad Pitt, he is so great in this. My only critique of him is that he is too handsome and it was a little bit distracting. The rest of the cast was great as well, I don't think Tarantino would put a bad actor in his films.

Another thing I loved, which a lot of people did not, was the idea of taking a tragic thing from history and saying "what if this one thing was different" and seeing how it played out. The different thing in this film being that Leonardo Dicaprio's character Rick Dalton is Roman Polanski's neighbour, and was present on the night of the Manson murders.

All in all the film is quirky and funny, you like and are invested in all of the characters, and by the end of the film you are brutally and beautifully reminded that you are watching a Quentin Tarantino movie.