A Most Wanted Man

A Most Wanted Man ★★★

You know Letterboxd is engrained and constitutes an integral part of your life when a viewing just doesn't feel complete until you document the watch on Letterboxd. In my case, such is very much the case here.

I'm working out of town this week so selection and time itself is a premium. Luckily I was able to pick this up at a Redbox nearby and I'm already planning to check out Birdman at a local theater. Not a bad work trip in the film realm if I don't say so myself.

As for this film, it is hard to not center my thoughts on Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The sentiment "sometimes you do my know what you have until it's gone" couldn't have been more true last night. Occasionally a doubter of his greatness, it is only fitting that his last performance is one in which he quite frankly carried the show.

The story itself is adequate. There is a good amount of insight to be had regarding the current state of affairs. At times it can get somewhat monotonous in nature, but thankfully such moments are a rarity.

Decent flick about current affairs, but then again the memorable nature of this film can be attributed to one man.

mattmav45 liked these reviews