Just an absolute blast! Gorgeous animation, brilliant soundtrack and a great story. Funny, sweet and clearly made with a lot of love for the history of Spiderman.
Stick around after the credits.
Feels like typical Disney straight-to-dvd sequel fare. Checks the boxes as follows.
- Only focuses on a few of the characters from the original.
- Wastes a lot of time showing off a specific gimmick (albeit some of the sequences that are purely based around visualising the internet are pretty fun).
- Forgets all the character development of the first film.
- Brushes upon some pretty interesting directions for the characters to develop further but, instead of exploring these ideas…
Here I present a list of reasons nobody should ever watch Happy Death Day...ever.
1. The premise is Groundhog Day meets Scream. Which sounds awesome but is totally and utterly squandered here.
2. This film fails to comprehend why either Groundhog Day or Scream were so much fun in the first place.
3. This is the most obnoxious use of the Groundhog Day formula I've come across yet.
4. All of the red hearings are laid out in the most…