Matt Shiverdecker’s review published on Letterboxd:
Deciphered from my scribbled-in-the-dark notes last night:
- Incredible score highlights the impending doom
- Inventive camerawork (topsy-turvy!) + editing
- Will Poulter is typical American douche = vape
- WHISPERS in the surround channels!!!
- Loss/Grief/Circle Of Life
- SYMMETRY/Iconography (that wallpaper tho)
- Punishment for lack of empathy
- Bergman/Von Trier - Aster said he set out to "make my DOGVILLE"
- Aster wrote after a break-up. "I'm fine now." (ARE YOU SURE???)