Steve Jobs ★★★★★

I’ve been waiting for this movie for a very long time. Pretty much since Sorkin announced that he was writing it (which was only a few weeks after the death of Steve Jobs). The concept of a three scene script is so intriguing and in execution it is perfect to explore the character and the impact he had on the world. Steve Jobs was an asshole, he was a narcissist, and he wasn’t even as creative as many give him credit for, but whatever he was or was not, he definitely led us to where we are now. I wouldn’t be writing this review on this computer right now if it weren’t for Jobs. The script is just as brilliant as I’d hoped for it to be. Sorkin’s writing is fast paced and sharp as ever. It doesn’t have the same weight here as The Social Network but that’s because the approach is so different. This is a different breed of movie than The Social Network. Also the performances by Michael Fassbender and Kate Winslet were of course amazing, I expected nothing less from either of them. What really surprised me though was Jeff Daniels, in his very limited screentime, Daniels turns in a career best performance. He has one very intense scene with Jobs in the second act and it totally blew me away. This is one you can’t mess. Unfortunately, currently lands just outside my top ten of the year. But that’s not saying anything about the film not being amazing, it just shows that a lot of great films have come out this year.