Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

Even though I have a soft spot for the original trilogy and love the new MCU spider-man, this is without a doubt the best spider-man movie. It's amazing how it takes everything you know about his origin, relationships and surroundings, and turns it on its head to give you a completely new experience.

The animation is so innovative and fresh that it truly is a pleasure to see everything unfolding in front of your eyes, and the soundtrack is immersive as hell and keeps you on the edge of your seat at every moment.

Another amazing thing is how easily this movie delivers very complex ideas without dragging or compromising its fast-pace.

But the thing that amazes me the most is how personal and meaningful this ended up to be. It's crazy that after hundreds of movies and tv shows, the movie that really nails who spider-man is and what he represents is not about Peter Parker. And don't even get me started on the "every one can wear the mask" lesson. It's almost as if this isn't even a movie, but a celebration of what spider-man has become in our popular culture.

Maximiliano liked these reviews