- that Wayne‘s World reference though :D
- Gotta hand it to Rami Malek: he was great
- They staged a full version of Queen‘s Live Aid performance instead of just showing the real thing. :/
- It’s sadly one of those Wikipedia page movies. - Nothing‘s specific, everything‘s painted in the broadest strokes
- The music and performances make it worthwhile
- one day later I only remember the music, the great performances and some fun individual scenes. I‘ve made my peace, it’s a decent movie
- If I'd have to choose one parallel universe it'd be the one where Freddy's still alive
If Gravity and Interstellar made me shit-scared of the vast nothingness of space, it can be said that The Martian made me want to work at NASA, become an astronaut and colonize planets (as a space pirat). Besides being the perfect commercial for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, The Martian is a masterpiece of science communication about good people doing good things for the sake of science and being good which is very refreshing. Extra points for the stellar cast, truthfulness to the book and killer disco soundtrack.