2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★★

I had the opportunity to see 2001: A Space Odyssey on the big screen and it was a wondrous experience to be able to marvel at the film's phenomenal and stunning imagery on that screen. I felt that this would be the ultimate film to see on a cinema screen.

2001: A Space Odyssey has an undeniable stature in cinema's history. The film is still massively influential and visually amazing today despite being released in the late-60s, and was way ahead of every film of its time. It is simply a work of genius, as the craftsmanship is utter perfection and it connects themes of humanity's advancement to the audience on such a profound and thought-provoking level. 2001: A Space Odyssey arguably achieves better than any other film to artistically utilize the medium of cinema. This level of perfection creates a cinematic nirvana for the viewer and thus the film becomes a transcendental-like experience. I also love the enigma of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's just a completely fascinating film to analyse and be bewildered by, and the narrative flawlessly conveys the complex, allegorical themes presented. I still feel like 2001: A Space Odyssey requires additional viewings in order to properly understand aspects of it, but the often ambiguous journey it takes you on is beautiful.

In the end, 2001: A Space Odyssey is unanimously considered one of cinema's greatest masterpieces and Stanley Kubrick was a true genius for achieving this timeless and incredible work of art.

Maxyn liked these reviews