Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day ★★★★

"Groundhog Day" is about Phil, a self-centered weatherman, who goes to the town of Punxsutawney for an assignment. He is later shocked when he wakes up the next morning and realizes that he is reliving the same day over and over.

Well, today is Groundhog Day, obviously, and that means I need to watch "Groundhog Day" for the first time because it's Groundhog Day. I always wanted to watch this as a kid, but as I said, I finally saw it today for the first time, and this movie was very entertaining to watch and makes me wanna rewatch it anytime.

"Groundhog Day" is a fun movie, not because of the humor, it's because of the clever concept and entertaining storytelling, which is now overused in some movies like "Happy Death Day" and "Palm Springs". The movie never makes you bored, but it'll make you interested and excited about Murray being stuck in this time loop, and adding parts like him doing some crazy shit or trying to take his own life is just brilliant, thought-provoking, and perfectly fits in the movie. The writing in this movie is incredible. The jokes gave me a great number of laughs, the dialogue is astonishing, the chemistry between Murray and MacDowell is amusing, and the romance is diverting. And the performances of Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell are great, as well as some of the cast members.

However, there's one big issue with the movie, and that's got to be the 3rd act. I kinda like hows the movie ends, but it's confusing. Why? Because there's no explanation for why Bill Murray is stuck on this time loop thingy, and if you're trying to make a movie with this... overused time loop plot LMAO, always make an explanation about... why this guy is stuck in this time loop thingy, so your movie won't be very fucking confusing.

Overall, "Groundhog Day" is the perfect movie to watch if you're bored or on a romantic date or some shit. It's an amusing, funny, and fascinating classic that I'd like to watch again, and if you haven't seen it, just go watch it before Groundhog Day ends.

Happy Groundhog Day!?!?!?!?!? IDK