Judas and the Black Messiah

Judas and the Black Messiah ★★★★

"Judas and the Black Messiah" is about a petty criminal William O'Neal, who agrees to work as an informant for the FBI in order to infiltrate the Black Panther Party and take down the chairman of its Illinois chapter Fred Hampton.

This is one of my most anticipated movies of 2021. The trailer and the concept got me intrigued, and you got Daniel Kaluuya, Lakeith Stanfield, Jesse Plemons, and Martin fucking Sheen, which is a great casting for a black movie. Surprisingly, we finally got a 2021 movie that is very overwhelming, and I had a fun time watching "Judas and the Black Messiah".

There are so many things that I like in this movie. The performances are phenomenal. Kaluuya and Stanfield are easily the best part of this movie. I like them in "Get Out", but in this movie, their performances are top-notch and gave one of their performances in their career. Speaking of "Get Out", we got T. S. motherfuckin A dude, who plays a minor character, and he's actually pretty good. And Jesse Plemons and some of the cast are also good in this movie. The storytelling is really energizing and well-paced. Everything in this movie is absolutely exciting and interesting from start to finish, and most of the sequences are heart-pounding and have a great amount of tension. The writing in this movie is amazing. The dialogue is very fascinating, and I enjoy most of the characters because their character development makes them engaging. King's directing is great. The cinematography and the editing are insanely stunning. And the score is super memorable.

However, I have a couple of issues with this movie. There are some moments that looked goofy or ridiculous. And there are a few cliches that are very common in movies and we basically know what they are.

Overall, I highly recommend y'all to see this movie. "Judas and the Black Messiah" is probably one of the best movies I've ever seen in 2021. It's an intense and well-directed movie with oscar-worthy performances, some beautiful-looking shots, and very captivating storytelling, and I'm excited about what this director is going to do in the future.

ISee Icy Ice liked these reviews