The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★½

"The Mitchells vs. The Machines" or "Connected", which was the original title, is about Katie Mitchell, who embarks on a road trip with her proud parents, younger brother, and beloved dog to start her first year at film school. But their plans to bond as a family soon get interrupted when the world's electronic devices come to life to stage an uprising and they must now come together to save one another -- and the planet -- from the new technological revolution.

Now, I love Lord and Miller, who basically produced this movie. Since "Sony Pictures Animation" is not a good animation company, I really love and enjoy their movies that they directed and produced like "CWACOM" and "Spider-Verse", and I also enjoy their other movies like "The. But, when I saw the trailer for it last year before they changed the title which we all know, it feels like it's gonna be a pretty disappointing or average movie. I mean, it looks fun and exciting, but it feels kinda awkward. And 1 year later, I was actually right.

Throughout this movie, some action sequences were really entertaining and enjoyable. Every action sequence feels intense and unruined, there are some fun and cool moments throughout these sequences, and they put in some hilarious humor that made them fun to watch. The best parts about this movie are some emotional or fun elements about the family and a message about phone addiction, and these parts pretty much changed my life, or maybe everyone's life. I loved the performance of every cast member in this, and my bri ish mom, Olivia Colman, delivered a great performance and is perfect as an A.I. villain IMO. I found the Mitchells a bit engaging, and they have great chemistry together. Some of the jokes gave me good laugh. The animation is stylish and creative. And I loved Mothersbaugh's tech-ish score.

But, unfortunately, I found this movie kinda disappointing. I noticed that a lot of people loved this movie, but I found out that there are a lot of things in this movie that felt questionable. The most annoying and cringiest part about this is that they add in a lot of filters throughout this movie like cat filters or some random filters that you see on Tik Tok, Youtube, or some random shitty platform. I'm pretty sure they added them because it's Katie's filmmaking style, and they wanna make it fast-paced, IG???, but it looks very distracting, cringe-worthy, and it made my eyes bleed. They also add in some movie references and didn't work for me, and found them awkward. I love the premise and concept for this movie, but the plot feels very simple and predictable. There are some cliches, and there are also a lot of plot holes, mostly about the villain's goal. For the most part, there are a few moments that dragged. Some moments are cringe-worthy. Some of the dialogue and jokes feel flat and boring because overused and predictable. And I think most of the characters, especially the villain, are very uninteresting.

Overall, "The Mitchells vs. The Machines" is a perfect film for the whole family. It's not a bad movie, and I think you should check this one out. And it's a feel-good animated film with some fun family or action stuff and spectacular animation.

ISee Icy Ice liked these reviews