Nomadland ★★★★★

Beautiful- the cinematography, Francis McDormand’s performance, the music, the story- every aspect of this film is beautiful and hope-filled while, at times, heartbreaking. The meandering nature of the film captures a still restless yet self assured woman’s life who’s story otherwise would be considered “plotless” and maybe even pointless, to the extreme cynic. But I watched this and completely entered the space and time (again: incredible performance by McDormand and truly beautiful direction by Chloé Zhao) and was able to be present with the hope, fear and pain that Fern and the people along the road experience in their rich yet harsh and mundane existence.
I truly was/am so moved by this film. I know it’s not for everyone, especially not for those uncomfortable with silence or utilizing buckets as a toilet, but I genuinely believe the world would be a better place if everyone watched Nomadland alone in a comfortable chair and sat in that comfortable chair for at least 10 minutes in silence after the credits finish.