The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society ★★★★★

This is the kind of original programming I pay my Netflix subscription for, goshdarnit!

But, for real, 14-year-old me would have taped this off of PBS on a VHS and watched it every single night for three months.

It is comforting even in its tragic WWIIness. Although, come on, LADY SYBIL! Why ya gotta do that to my heart again?! (Jessica Brown Findlay lives to destroy me).

Penelope Wilton, Katherine Parkinson, and Tom Courtenay are all perfectly wonderful, as they always are in everything.

That white man who keep showing up in everything showed up in this. Glen Powell. I had to Google you again, and I will not remember you next time either, sorry.

My beloved Matthew Goode is so lovely in his small supportive role. He's really leaning into these mid-era Alan Cumming "kind life guide" roles lately. I LOVE IT, AND I LOVE HIM.

Michiel Huisman, that beautiful Dutch person is very beautiful in this. You may remember him as the star is this iconic Chanel N°5 commercial co-starring Baz Luhrmann and Michiel Huisman's shiny hair. He also starred in the perfect Meg-film AGE OF ADALINE which is 100% going on my TV in five minutes (my ankle is busted; there is nothing else to do).

Lily James is still my bright shining star! She makes everything better. And when she smiles, I stinkin' believe it!

Anyway. Will probably watch this again in like a week, but scroll through Instagram during the sad parts.

Meg liked these reviews