Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★

I hit up Starz free movies again, with one more movie to go I think. I do like Quentin Tarantino's films, but I have never figured out what the big deal is about him. I've heard plenty about why people love him, and that's cool and all, but I have never felt the same. His films often feel drawn out to a point I start to feel bored with them. This movie has that feeling as well at times, but overall I was really into it. There were a lot of scenes that I felt played out too long or I didn't understand why they were even there.

The story was just okay to me but I thought everyone really put in a great effort with the acting. Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt played well off of each other and I enjoyed both characters. Seeing all the different actors was also a nice treat. Tarantino's twist at the end was a nice touch. I had heard that he did his own take on the murders but my friend left it for me to watch instead of telling me, which I appreciated. I don't know if I will ever watch this movie all the way through again, but it was well worth watching.

Heather liked these reviews