favs are my latest 4 favorite new watches/things i'm obsessed with in the moment.
i have many thoughts...here are some:
- simu liu has reddit/poster brain ig?
- tony leung is god. he's hot and is the only good part of this movie. one whole star for him.
- why are all marvel movie soundtracks so lame.
- underused michelle yeoh.
- the villain is just...a sad wife guy?
- really lame characters i'm sorry.
- not funny at all i'm sorry.
- what even happened in the last 45 minutes of this movie?
- the final post credits scene dares to ask...what if a war criminal gang boss was actually a war criminal girlboss
plot: a magic rock causes an incredibly confusing consideration(?)/accounting(?) of Middle Eastern politics in a truly tone-deaf and tasteless way.
kind of impressive how hollow and open this movie is about its bootstrapping, imperialistic bullshit. like, wow! i'm beside myself.
also, just not good. awful effects and script, blah blah blah. just...wow.
i really enjoy the first movie, with all of its flaws. it's so much fun!! but this--no.
i can't even formulate a real sentence about this right now. at least i have a little bit of time before i actually have to be able to do that.