Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad ★★★

NOTE: This is a review of the extended cut.

Upon watching this again, I don't like it as much as when I saw it in the cinema. This time around, I realised more of the flaws.

First of all, I feel that some of the characters are wasted. A prime example is Slipknot; he died 10 minutes after he first appeared! While some of the characters in the squad do get a bit more focus than in the theatrical version, I still wish Katana got more focus. She looked very cool, and I would have liked to have seen at least one flashback that gives us more of an insight into the character. I'm not a fan of the villain either; she looks quite creepy at first, but when she's in her new form, it's not that great.

But I still enjoyed the aspects that I enjoyed last time I watched it; Harley Quinn's a lot of fun and I liked Will Smith as Deadshot. Although I personally prefer Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger's jokers, Jared Leto still does a good job nonetheless. There were also some cool scenes with Batman, and there's some good jokes as well. I also feel that the editing is slightly better in this extended cut. There's also some good songs in the soundtrack.

Overall, while I recognised more flaws this time around, I still got enjoyment out of this movie. If you want to have a bit of fun watching a film, this isn't a bad choice.

MichaelAmos liked these reviews