Parasite ★★★★★

Bong Joon-Ho’s new film 'Parasite' is one of the most unique and brilliant movies I have ever seen. This film proves that Joon-Ho isn't just a talented young filmmaker with enough potential to one day be one of cinema's greatest auteurs. He already is one of cinema's greatest auteurs. It is impossible to classify this to any specific genre. It’s a comedy, tragedy, a horror movie, a romance, a satire, a family drama all put together. It is both a work of dizzying surrealism and gritty realism. It’ll have you on the floor laughing in one scene, then curled up in a ball, shaking with fear in the next. The film is filled to the brim with brilliant social commentary that is never too obvious or blatant. The film moves like a well-oiled machine, every corner is filled with twist and turns, yet the film never cheats. Every single move a character makes feels natural and real. By the time 'Parasite' was over, I was completely gobsmacked. So many ideas here and every single one paid off. it’s shocking, brilliant, and subversive. I doubt we’ll see a better film all year.

amrit liked these reviews