Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★

“One thing I know for sure: don't do it like me. Do it like you.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was a film that I’ve been looking forward to since the teaser trailer came out last year. Let me tell you guys this film did not disappoint. The animation, colors, characters, story and music are so amazing and different from anything else I’ve ever seen.

When I heard that the animation was a lot different from other animated films I was a bit hesitant. As the trailers came out tho and we saw more of the animation my hesitation went away immediately. However, as much as I loved the animation I had a bit of trouble getting into the film because of it. There was some scenes that gave off this 3D vibe to them and they looked kind of blurry in a way. I know this is a stylistic choice which I’m all for and love, but again it did take me a few mintutes to fully get into the film. This should not discourage you from watching this amazing film though because again the animation is so beautiful and colorful.

The characters and the story were probably my favorite this about this film. I loved a lot of the relationships each character had with one another. It all felt very real and heartwarming. I also loved how diverse all the characters were. It’s about time that the world get this beautiful mixed race Spider-Man, there are so many kids that need this type of representation. It’s about time that audience see these beautiful and strong female characters in a Spider-Man film fighting crime. It’s about time audience see what is possibly the best Spider-Man film of all time.

miguelfranco liked these reviews