The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★★

In my book, "The Mitchells vs The Machines" is the epitome of great filmmaking! Some stupendous visuals to beautifully written characters, a groovy Soundscore to its well-versed direction; it couldn't get any better. From one end to the other I wept, I laughed; for me, this was a roller-coaster ride of emotions all the way through!

Families can be hard but they are so worth fighting for

I sincerely admire all these newfangled Animation Features, as they always tend to have suggestive symbolism underneath. From the outside, by their meek appearance; they could easily be construed as Child-specific kinds of stuff! But you know what? These movies can teach all kinds of things provided you pay close attention!

Here the Story takes us on a road trip with the 'Mitchells'. A pretty ordinary family whose peculiarities might have earned them the title of 'Weirdos'. The narrative is there to stand the idea that nothing's wrong with being a little different! Doesn't matter what others think about you or your family, as long as you guys are sticking together and have each other's back; NO WUCKING FURRIES!

Sounds just like a run-of-the-mill plot on Family Bonding right? Well yes, but actually NO! There's more to it. From Artificial Intelligence's possible uprising to them taking over the whole world to our social insecurity amidst the modern times of Social Media, where people's worth is allegedly measured in the number of followers they got; the narration quite ingeniously foreshadowed some key life lessons we all need to learn from.

Speaking of which, the writing's been truly remarkable. Each and every character has been created with utmost care and sheer dedication! Even that Pug has been given a prominent personality. Collectively It all helped in the thick of making a strong correlation with this 'Mitchells' family. They got me teary-eyed on innumerable occasions as well as made me grin from ear to ear for the rest!

Technically it's no slouch. With substantial backing up from the Producers, all the artists involved in the development managed to turn it into one visual feast. Consists of Rapturous Vibrance and fine-drawn textures; everything looks so lively and graceful. And the Music, goodness gracious! I don't have enough words to express my gratitude to Mark Mothersbaugh (The Composer) for picking just about the right tracks. Got me grooving many a time!

Now I should put in some words for the Dubbing! Which is irrefutably one of the leading parameters in any Animated piece! Needless to say, it was Flawless! Every single voice actor has given their all.

On a final note, yeah you saw it coming and you guessed it right; I freaking LOVED this! What a wonderful work of art that speaks of real-world things and gives us glimmer of hope and much-needed positivity; given the current situation which seems ever so important!

Soumik liked these reviews