Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★½

"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could." - Nick Fury

- A Trip Down Memory Lane

It was our last paper of first year engineering, Avengers was just released and at that time and moment back then, this was the first time so many superheroes came together on the big screen. We had booked our tickets just one hour after our paper will be finished. As the final bell rang and the paper was submitted me and my friends rushed towards the parking lot, took our bikes and rode towards the first installment of Avengers. This was 7 years ago. I still remember the moment when the gathered together, you all know which scene I am talking about. The whistles and roars are still as loud they were back then.

Age of Ultron didn't impress me much rather for me it was a headache to get through.

Marvel Cinematic Universe started its journey with Iron Man. And it has been more than 10 years now since that happened. We have seen origin stories for almost all of them, still waiting for a Black Widow movie. Still, we took our journey through a whole cinematic universe. We enjoyed most of them, some were dud and some just go through to patch up to the movies. There are many things to complain. Like the MCU doesn't have a good score in their movies, they have improved in past few of them and have a kick ass theme too. Every movie had the same tone, the risks involved were minimal. Winter Soldier took a different turn with Guardians of Galaxy surprising and Ant Man too. Thor Ragnarok really used the Immigrant song to its best use. Black Panther broke everything. 'Wakanda Forever' was roared in when Black Panther entered. And recently Captain Marvel took everyone by the storm.

MCU struggled with their villains but Thanos brought his A game in Infinity War. And suddenly MCU became interesting for me. The little shift in storytelling really did wonders and the finale of Infinity War really broke everyone in the audience. It was never expected from MCU, who gave us light hearted entertainment. The wait was one year to see the conclusion, the tickets were vanished in matter of minutes and now after watching Endgame in IMAX, the impact it had over people it something to witness.

There are not many time a superhero losses. Last we saw was in The Dark Knight when Joker broke the one person of hope Gotham had. Endgame starts where it let off in Infinity War. Avengers lost big. Half of the living things, their loved ones and their hope. It takes a toll on people, losing something this big when you have been fighting for this long. The ego is crushed, the emotions are in whirlwind and hope, it just doesn't seem to have a spot left.

Endgame with its runtime of 180 minutes shows the effects of the loss, the moving on, the anger and the hope. It takes a different courage to get up and fight again and again even with a 1 percent of chance of winning. You do it for the people, your loved ones and for Avengers it is matter of their pride. Avengers are humans after all, it takes time to get up, even with someone like Thor, when the loss is this big you just self loathe in a corner.

Endgame is bigger than anything. The reason is because that so many people worldwide are involved in the storytelling. Everyone has a connection with the Avengers. The deep faith they have within them and the journey they have taken since its inception. The Russo Brothers know that and they took the responsibility with an exceptional conclusion. It might not be perfect, but the perfection always lies within the imperfection. Flaws and vulnerability show us who we are.

The epic moments of this movie are really epic in every proportions. It is a grand spectacle. It is true that you might need tissues but the fulfillment of every frame is something to savor for a lifetime. I don't know how much of an impact Endgame will have in future. But taking this many characters, the storylines and everything along with it. Finally piecing them together and not making a mess of it is something to applaud.

Endgame is story of Tony, Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Thor and Clint. It is their story to end, it is their moment to shine and go out with a bang!

I am not big on MCU, but I have taken this journey and enjoyed most of them especially these last few. The cinematic experience for me was exceptional from the moment I entered the theater. The line was long, everyone was excited yet anxious. As soon as the door opened there was a long roar. Probably for the first time no mobile phone rang, there was no chit chat in between, there were applauses when needed and a standing ovation when the credits rolled.

I don't know what else to add as I can' talk about what happens in the movie. I just wanted to write because this was a unique experience and sharing this experience really brings us together. I don't think the storm of Endgame will go soon! It is a different beast altogether, I will watch this again. But I don't think I will get a ticket for the next week or two.

And for the final time, Avengers Assemble!

Milez liked these reviews