Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049 ★★★★★

M.A.S.T.E.R.P.I.E.C.E

Like tears in rain., all those moments have lost in time. We return to the world of Blade Runner. Denis Villeneuve was tasked to do something quite impossible, to create the world which was built and imagined, with fans still talking about it, a world created back in 1982. As I sat holding onto my excitement, the first shot itself takes you inside this beautiful hypnotic world.

Like a slow burn, Blade Runner 2049 brings back essence of the original while making its own identity. We get on a journey with Blade Runner K, with each step he takes onto this world of deep end, he starts to unearth some hidden skeletons which were buried for their own good.

The world is now vanished in its own vanity that remains on the memories created. Humans are lost in their own oblivion while the replicants who once were closer to humans are left being slave. Blade Runner 2049 is not about any evil rising but rather it is about trying to find a place that can secure their own identity that they once had. It is about the acceptance one needs, their existence to be noticed.

Roger Deakins makes every frame like a visual poetry dipped in bliss as the colors make a beautiful painting. You are hypnotized by Deakins cinematography itself. For the whole runtime I felt like I was alone in theater experiencing this magnificent beauty for myself.

Ryan Gosling embodies his performance from his previous roles in Drive and Only God Forgives. With his minimal words and expressive face that makes his character who is struggling to find his identity that roots into a reoccurring dream that starts to feel real.

Romance feathers slowly in formation for K, he finds himself falling as he reaches to combine his soulless self reaching for Joi. Their touch between themselves feel real to them as the love reaches a step up from Her.

It is not every year we are set to experience something of this magnitude. Something unique that re defines the neo noir genre. Denis Villeneuve makes Blade Runner 2049 into a beautiful sculpture, making an tormented soul looking for his own reality.

Harrison Ford returns as Deckard, playing him with more dedication. The remains of the past are scattered, with few scratches remaining to live them.

Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch create a score into the heart of Vangelis. It combines a different texture in the feel of every symphony that electrifies every sequence it is presented in.

Sylvia Hoeks as Luv is the scene stealer. Ana de Armas as Joi is amazing, Robin Wright as Lt. Joshi is powerful, Mackenzie Davis as Mariette is independent and Carla Juri as Dr. Ana Stelline is the designer.

Blade Runner 2049 is as great as a sequel can get. It presents its own uniqueness. the world created by Denis Villeneuve and Roger Deakins is visual poetry that streams along with a slow burning story that becomes tormented in search of an existence. The action sequences are excellently choreographed in the strong waves of water.

Rick Deckard: Sometimes to love someone, you got to be a stranger.

Milez liked these reviews