Moonrise Kingdom ★★★★★

I don't talk about my personal life much, but for the past few days I am feeling a bit down with pressure from one of my biggest exam coming up. I am feeling anxiety, can't sleep or eat much. I don't know what to even do. I am deep into the oblivion of books I am reading. Watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt provided some help but it ended too soon.

I wanted a movie that will make me feel better or just you know make me forget about all the things that were making me feel that way. I was going back to Harry Potter series which has helped me many a times over the years but this time I thought I would try something else. As I got to know a few days back it was Moonrise Kingdom's 5th anniversary of release I decided to give this one a chance because I remember liking it when I watched it the first time on the big screen back then. And I got to say this movie made me forget about everything.

Moonrise Kingdom is a tale about young love between Suzy and Sam who run away together. As we follow them and why they run away we see how they are quite similar to each other in terms of how society treats them. Sam is an orphan who doesn't have any friends while Suzy gets angry at times. They meet one day and start to exchange letters and one day decide to run away.

Directed by Wes Anderson, he brings a beauty to the innocent love these two souls have. Trying to be mature and adult in a world where they are considered different. They both are honest with each other. Sometimes you feel like they are the most stable ones in this little town they live in.

Beautifully set up with a eccentric score from Alexandre Desplat who wasnn't even nominated for his score. Moonrise Kingdom becomes something more to you. it goes beyond your imagination that you can do anything. It makes you feel like yourself. Getting to know the characters, their love and misadventures. Even the help they get from the boy scouts.

One thing I admire most about Wes Anderson is that how he handles such a great cast. I mean every actor and actress here is great and he gives them space to explore and takes everything needed.

Kara Hayward as Suzy and Jared Gilman as Sam are the real stars here. It is their story and rest of them are just pawns revolving around them. They have a great chemistry together, the way they have conversations or how they express their feelings. And the scene of them walking out from the church which Katie has mentioned in her review changed cinema for the better.

I love Moonrise Kingdom and consider it a masterpiece. It helped me when needed and I am grateful for that.

Moonrise Kingdom is a delightful tale of young love, their adventure and something precious that they will hold it for a long long time.

I Love You Wes Anderson for making this masterpiece.

Milez liked these reviews