Moulin Rouge! ★★★★★

Christian: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

If you want to read a better review,
Read Kat's Review of Moulin Rouge!

Set in 1899 Moulin Rouge! tells a story about love between two souls who meet by fate, a love that makes them stronger, a feeling that take them far away, making a decision, singing songs, dance till your feet wears off.

Christian meets Satine, they fall in love, but the problem is The Duke who has fallen in love with Satine, he wants her at all costs. But the two lovers can't be apart.

I have seen all this, this has been half of my life watching Bollywood movies where a poor boy falls in love with the pretty girl. Only to find out she has already been declared to the richest man in town who happens to be a little bit of evil. The secret meeting, the love, the kiss, the songs. The fights...This is Bollywood to the purest.

I have always seen Baz Luhrmann more of an Indian director rather than Hollywood. He brings a flavor to his movies that is only seen in Indian Cinema. Even Great Gastby or Romeo + Juliet. You watch any Bollywood movie and compare you will find the elements I am talking about.

Moulin Rouge! is filled with love. I mean if Ewan McGregor sang to me like that I would also be swoon in his love. Every song between Christian and Satine is a tale of love, Come What May might be favorite from the movie. It shows their love for each other. The scene where Satine goes to meet The Duke, while Christian is singing in his sadness and Roxanne song is being performed. The whole sequence is so intense.

Baz know how to get the chemistry between his two main characters. Like he did in Romeo + Juliet or The Great Gatsby. But for me Moulin Rouge! stands tall, it might be his best work till date as everything he does just blends in together.

The final sequence between Satine and Christian made me tear a bit. I am very emotional when it comes to watching a love story. As this movie got me so involved with the characters and those songs sweeping of my feet, I couldn't take my eyes off.

Ewan McGregor as Christian is just perfection to everything. He gets everything right. His voice is so pure. He gets the man looking for love, falling in love, the struggle, the kiss...Everything. I have never loved Ewan McGregor like this.

Nicole Kidman as Satine gives another stellar performance. Opening with Sparkling Diamonds, her trying to get to the duke for becoming an actress to falling in love with Christian. Or even the scene where she says to Christian I'm a courtesan. I'm paid to make men believe what they want to believe

Moulin Rouge! is about that first love, a love of lifetime, the struggle, the story, the song, the poetry... It is Christian and Satine...

Christian and Satine: Come what may, I will love you until my dying day.

Milez liked these reviews