The Dark Knight Rises ★★★★★

75 Years Of Batman

I have watched this movie more than 20 times and 6 times in theaters.
But this will be my first review for this movie. As we are celebrating 75 years of Batman, I though this would be a good time to share my views on this movie.

Caution and Beware. These words are written by a fan not by a reviewer. This review contains only love for Batman and this movie.

I have mentioned this several times in my past Batman reviews that Batman is the only Superhero I have ever liked. He is an idol to me. When I was child I have Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Forever several times. Even my parents were fade up so they don't let me watch Batman movies on our big screen TV when they are around. Except Tim Burton's Batman there never was any other movie that justified Batman. But in 2005 Christopher Nolan brought Batman Begins. When I watched it in theater back then I was so happy that i watched it another 2 times.

But it took 3 years for The Dark Knight to come. But it worth the wait and what a masterpiece it was. Joker even shadowed Batman. The Dark Knight still stands and will stand as one of the best superhero movies of all time. But still one movie was missing and after 4 long years The Dark Knight Rises came. I booked the ticket one week before it's release as I was too excited. And when it released it was the happiest day of my life.

After watching this movie so many times, I have concluded that this movie was not meant to be a masterpiece like The Dark Knight it was meant to be a movie made for Fans. It was like "To fans for Fans".

Bruce, wearing a ski mask, visits Gordon's hospital room]
Jim Gordon: [lying in a hospital bed] We were in this together, and then you were gone.
Bruce Wayne: The Batman wasn't needed anymore. We won.
Jim Gordon: Based on a lie. Now this evil... rises from where we tried to bury it. The Batman has to come back.
Bruce Wayne: What if he doesn't exist any more?
Jim Gordon: He must... he must...

Batman has been gone for eight years. He is now a public enemy for Killing Harvey Dent. Lot has been changed, criminals are off the street on Dent Act. But still Gotham's reckoning was near. Bane was the Necessary Evil. Gordon is desperate for his friend to come back.

John Blake: Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody understands, for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can't do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It's like putting on a mask.

Even though I love Batman, Bruce Wayne is the one who I love more. He is a character that reflects Batman. After his father's death he was a angry boy who was just on the path of revenge. Even though his parents killer is dead, he still had a void of pain. His father built a city that would be safe and the people would always help each other and this task has to be completed but to complete these tasks and to keep our loved one's safe he had to put on a mask. He had to clean the city from Mafia and chaos with an idea of Batman.

John Blake: When you started, why the mask? .
Bruce Wayne/Batman: To protect the people closest to me.
John Blake: Yeah, but you're a loner, right? You didn't have any family.
Bruce Wayne/Batman: There are always people you care about. You just don't realize how much until they're gone. The idea was to be a symbol. Batman could be anybody, that was the point

Batman is a symbol of inspiration.

Nolan put a movie where he just answered some questions like,
How does he do that?
"Because he is Batman"

How can he do that?
"Because his is Batman"

I am always asked about how does Bruce Wayne come back to Gotham when he thrown in a far away prison?
And I answer, "Because he is Bruce Wayne and Yes, he is also Batman FYI"

This movie makes me happy as Nolan ended it in a Batman way. He created a Legend who was forgotten by Spiderman, Iron Man, Superman and Marvel. He created a Trilogy that is considered to be one of the best trilogy.

I want to say Thank You to Bob Kane the creator Batman for making a superhero who is greater than anybody else and an Icon and an Inspiration.

Happy 75 Years Of Batman.

Milez liked these reviews