The Dark Knight ★★★★★

The Joker: I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

[Joker hands Two-Face a gun and points it at himself]

The Joker: Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

[still holding the gun, Two-Face pauses and takes out his coin]

Two-Face: [showing Joker the good side] You live.

The Joker: Mm-hmm.

Two-Face: [showing the scarred side] You die.

The Joker: Mmm, now we're talking.

Watched it on the BIG FUCKING SCREEN AFTER 8 YEARS.

We are watching Superhero movies nowadays coming out. Marvel has stuck to its root and taken the safer way by no trying too much or taking a risk. DC have just created anarchy all over. fans have to defend the movies they make and say only for fans. And then make the extended cut available for home video.

But back in 2008 after creating Batman Begins Nolan changed everything. Created a wide audience for superhero movies were everything was blended together so perfectly from story, to characters to action. When The Dark Knight released it just made everyone go crazy. From critics to fanboys even created new audience.

This is also a movie where you can appreciate every aspect of film making. The Dark Knight is where we see a superhero loose. He is broken to his core. With every step he took, Joker was there. Even when you think you have caught him, that is when he struck everyone where it really mattered.

At first it was everything about a superhero and a crazy villain. But as the movie proceeds it became about the good on people, the incorruptible. Taking a good man and making him Break bad. And that was Harvey Dent. Joker cleverly hatches everything he went form, even though he is a dog chasing the car, but still he is someone who can outsmart you.

The Joker: Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

One of the great thing Nolan did when creating this trilogy was choosing his actors. Every main cast of this movie is either won an Oscar or have been nominated. The score of this movie is just so fantastic, I mean this is where DC is really good. Even Man of Steel or BVS, the score of these movies were really fantastic.

I will just say this, The Dark Knight is The Best Superhero Movie ever made. It has been 8 years since its release and no one for me has even came close to this in terms of anything. Marvel doesn't even try, so they are never in the game. And Marvel doesn't even take their score seriously they just use the temp music and create some scrap from it..

Heath Ledger gave a performance that is still remembered and will be forever. Only he were alive to enjoy his great performance. He is dearly missed.

The editing of this movie is just so flawless. Especially in the interrogation room scene. Cinematography at its best. I still don't understand why Nolan replaced Wally.

Christian Bale for me is Batman/Bruce Wayne. Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Caine and Maggie Gyllenhaal power pack this masterpiece with their performances. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard create a score that deserves to be on top.

I will end with this. The Dark Knight is a movie for generations. A comic book adaption that goes beyond. A darkness that haunts psychologically. And a performance that defined a character. And where the bad guy won.

James Gordon Jr.: Batman? Batman! Why's he running dad?

Lt. James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.

Cop: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!

James Gordon Jr.: He didn't do anything wrong.

Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Milez liked these reviews