Wrath of Man

Wrath of Man ★★★½

"I think he's a psychopath." - Terry

See where it ranks among my top films of 2021!

An ambitiously gritty that turns off the fun and humor from Ritchie's last project (my fav of his from what I've seen) and cranks up the intensity and multi-perspective storytelling. He brings us a cold action movie in which its protagonist looks to take no prisoners and that makes each action scene all the more effective in its execution. Jason Statham (H) was a non-nonsense killer (granted, that's a lot of what we've seen from him), but he, once again, kept me glued to the screen. I was aching to see what pain he was going to dish out as he patiently laid in wait for his prey to strike back at the ones who did him wrong and sink his fangs into those unfortunate souls. But these fangs not filled with venom, but his vengeance... you know that sounded cooler building up to it, but as I type it out, it's kind of lame(??)... You know what I mean.

The action scenes were choreographed and edited with precision and I was always eagerly waiting for the next one to arrive. The mystery of trying to find out who did it was intriguing for the most part and when switching to each of the different characters, I never got lost. I was always able to know what was going on and who was who (I may not have remembered their names, but I knew their roles and faces). I also liked the reveals as well. The cast did their job and did it really well.

However, I did miss the humor and the witty script that's usually seen in a Ritchie film, but it is what it is.

I really enjoyed myself! Please check this out if you can!

3.75/5

🔙The Sparks Brothers
🔜Redline

See what I watch next in The Stack and click here!

Michael liked these reviews