C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud

C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud ★★½

Bud the Chud only has one mission: to launch out as many goofs and yanks as it can before the credits roll. As a film, it just DOESN'T CARE. Certainly not about Chud I, but not even about continuity within itself. I imagine most of the scenes were planned solely to orchestrate the certain gags and spoofs that the staff was dead set on doing. The level of silly jokes goes from "cute," to "wow they're really going overboard," to "this is so dumb I can't stop watching."

The silly jokes are indeed off the hook with this movie, but it plays everything else pretty safe and by the books. For example, it doesn't feel insane the way Tammy and the T-Rex does, but the tone feels similarly dumb. Thankfully they picked Gerrit Graham to play Bud, so a lot of his mannerisms are pretty funny. Bud even gets his own theme song!

Bud the Chud is nothing special, but it will satiate your thirst if you're looking for a really idiotic 80s zom-com. Now that I think about it, it's basically like a poor man's ROTLD.

Molokidan liked this review