Moxie

Moxie ★★★

I was going to make a joke about the fact that the head says that one of them can play the piccolo, "or whatever feels right to you" because as someone that plays the piccolo, the piccolo feels right to nobody. But I actually have a lot of thoughts about this movie, and it's been quite a while since I have (and this is purely for my own future self and probably makes little sense)

There's some things that I really love about this film, and some things that I really strongly despise. The representation of varying communities is something that's really nice to see. And it's also nice to have a feminist movie in the first place. Which can be done really badly and really obnoxiously at times, but other times is actually kinda moving. For the record, I'm the Claudia of the group in which I want to be a part of these things but quietly and in my own reclusive way. And though I do genuinely think that some of it is a bit laughable in this movie and very much teeters on the edge of being the over the top feminism that stops being about equality and starts being about being better, it's a really bold move to put a movie out with such an explicit message. (though perhaps would be more effective if it wasn't quite so in your face). Idk I've been excited about this film for a while and I'd like to rewatch it.

As a side note , punk Suddenly Seymour is far better than the original.

molly🌻🐄 liked these reviews