Film projects "Kino Kults" & "Spektrs"
* Increased absurdity level and some deadpan delivery allow to execute surprising twists. You are always on guard that the film might go in a completely different direction at a moment’s notice.
* Liked cross-editing scenes for comedic effect and raised tempo.
* Liked werewolf as a metaphor for alcoholism. Reminded me of "The Shining".
💎 "This is how I win." 💎
* “The most annoying man” is the role Sander was born to play. Similarly to “Curb Your Enthusiasm”, Safdie brothers also apply the Jewish concept of “learning through suffering”.
* Should be watched with camomile tea to ease the tension. Safdie brothers give the film relentless drive. Every scene is cause and effect.
* Cosmic Vangelis-esque (“Blade Runner”) score by Daniel Lopatin gives the film almost serendipitous feeling.
* With all that Safdie brothers manage to stay very grounded to reality. The story is based on their own father’s experience in the Diamond District in New York.