Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★½

It's just so much fun, and you know what we all need right now? Fun.

Sometimes life feels like a bowl of hairy, mushy pears, and this film is like an expensive bottle of tequila mixed with gummy fish made from organic sugar served with a $75 steak smothered in butter and wishes.

It's strange and wonderful and colorful and outlandish and expensive and all the fun.

Many people will say it's more of the same, but when the first one was so much fun, why change? Isn't that why so many people are moving to watching television, because they like something and want to see more of it?

I got to see this as a double feature with the first and watching them back to back in 3D was well worth it.

Did a few things fall flat? Sure. That happens. With a movie that has this much action and fun and explosions and fire and BABY GROOT BEING ADORABLE, you're bound to have a few moments of meh.

You have to see this in the theater. Big. Loud. Probably 3D.

It's crazy to think this is the same guy who made the almost unwatchable "Super" a few years ago. The CGI in Vol. 2 plays so well with the cinematography and characters, vs Super where they strapped the camera to a nervous puppy who accidentally drank an entire pot of coffee.

This is the kind of film I want to watch. This is the kind of film I want to make.