300 ★★★★

There is no review for this diary entry. Add a review?

78/100

"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!"

An absolute surprise of action & fantasy from the very first time I sat down to watch it, to this rewatch so many months after, Zack Snyder's 300 is not only one of the most exciting and enjoyable films to watch, but offers his visual flare to the highest that it has ever been - and that's it greatest aspect. When talking about entertainment, nothing compares to the adrenaline fused battles & ass kicking Spartans. While the story may falter and it isn't anything too groundbreaking, when Snyder shoots action, it soars above a lot of modern day action. I have so much fun watching Butler yell and lead these badasses to battle and the film flows so well, that I can't ever see myself *not* enjoying this. Besides Butler, I really love Fassbender - after going through his entire filmography it felt natural to finish with his film debut - and David Wenham here, so great and the chemistry rocks. Overall, 300 is an absolute blast from start to finish.

Finally finished my Fassbender Marathon