Batman Begins ★★★★★

94/100

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Now growing up I absolutely loved The Dark Knight and I knew that it had a sequel, The Dark Knight Rises, and I loved them, but I never knew this was the first in the Nolan's trilogy. After the horrific, disappointment of the bat nipple filled Batman and Robin people had no hope for the beloved Caped Crusader. Christopher Nolan said no to that and made a dark, gritty, and whole hearted Batman movie. Batman Begins did what no other superhero movie did, it made them feel real and be able to live in the real world, and it worked so well!

The acting elevates the film so well, with Christian Bale proving that the character of Batman can still be dark. He shows a lot of passion and along side heavy hitters such as Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman. Also want to say Cillian Murphy is a phenomenal Scarecrow. He's such a great character.

The script is really good and the story was confusing to me at first but after this rewatch I finally understood. The cinematic experience you feel during this is truly great. The only problem I have with this is Katie Holmes, shes not a bad actress, I just feel as though she did fit a good love interest for Bruce Wanye. This is one of those reboots you should've seen by now.

Christopher Nolan Ranked