The Dark Knight Rises ★★★★★

91/100

"We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

I'm gonna probably get a lot of weird faces on how I rated this. But to be completely honest at one point I found this more enjoyable than The Dark Knight, when this was first released. This was always, and I mean always, on TV and every time it was on I always found myself watching it. I must have seen this at least 15 times by now.

Nolan has made a film that so beautifully captured in the essence of Batman, you don't see this as a superhero film. That's why I think the whole trilogy is so fantastic, it was that Nolan crafted a series of films just as crime flicks before superhero ones. His direction is so great and you already know I'm a huge fanboy of Batman and this is no different. It's a film where I want it to continue with more movies but it also ends so brilliantly that it doesn't need more.

Christian Bale is by far the best batman and while he's not in this a lot he still is so great. Adding my favorite actor, Tom Hardy, couldn't have been cast any better. He's so great as Bane. He's menacing, he's ruthless, and above all he's smart. All great villains are smart, no doubt about it. Anne Hathaway is great along side Gary Oldman as well.

I don't get the hate for this really I watch it over and over and the two hours and 45 minutes fly by no matter what. I get the plot holes but seriously every movie has them. The story is fantastic and the dialogue is great and so quotable. If you have a chance watch this on Bluray. Omg it is filmed so beautifully and has some of the most gorgeous cinematic shots ever. While it's the weakest of the Nolan trilogy it's still a damn good flick.

2012 Ranked