The Dark Knight ★★★★★

Decided to do a special review of this movie for its tenth anniversary today.

As I've mentioned many times Finding Nemo is my favorite movie of all time. Number 2 however is this film. When I first saw it, it blew me away. In fact this is the film that I would say really got me into studying the art of film.

The Dark Knight succeeds basicly on every level. Christopher Nolan created a truly unique and one of a kind film. It does a great job of portraying a realistic superhero film while discussing the themes of what makes a hero or where does a hero draw their line. It's also filled with great twists and brilliant moments of foreshadowing. I've lost count of how many times I've viewed this film and everytime I pick up something new about it. Nolan also does a great job in directing the set design, sound effects, action scenes and more which really pop out.

Now many have made fun of Christian Bale' s Batman voice but it's hare to deny he's a excellent Batman. He manages to capture the characters personality in a way that none of the actors before it after him have. He's even better when he's playing Bruce Wayne doing phenomenally capture the essence of that character too.

But we all know Bale's not the star of this film, rather the late great Heath Ledger as the Joker. Ledger did excellently in getting into the Joker' s head, perfectly portraying the character as the sick, twisted, demented, sadistic person he is. The Joker is also a great character in his backstory and motivation. As in he has none. The Joker constantly makes up stories about his past making him not have any true origin which makes him more horrifying since you don't know where he came from. And as fpor his motivation he doesn't have one. He just likes to mess with and torture or kill people just for the sake of his own amusement. All the while Ledger also makes the character really funny and enjoyable thanks to several improvised scenes and his line delivery. He makes the character both hilarious and disturbing at the same time which is really hard to do. He EARNED that Oscar.

We shouldn't rest on the films great supporting cast either including Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckheart. All of whom put their heart and soul into the film.

The Dark Knight is a masterpiece. It's without a doubt the best Comic Book movie of all time with a great story, acting, themes, action, visuals and more. If you haven't seen it than what are you doing with your life. Watch it immediately.

RIP Blue Sky Studios liked these reviews