Inside Llewyn Davis

Inside Llewyn Davis ★★★★

August Scavenger Hunt #4: A film where an actor or actresses sings

Inside Llewyn Davis is a film from the Coen Brothers, and follows a week in the life of Llewyn Davis (Oscar Issac), a struggling, down on his luck folk singer.

Inside Llewyn Davis is a non conventional film. If you like films with a clear beginning, middle and end, or a lot of action, this is not the film for you. However if you enjoy slower paced film that use dialogue to develop characters, then you will probably enjoy Llewyn Davis.

Inside Llewyn Davis is a very depressing film. It shows the harsh reality of the music business, and how hard it is to make a living off being a singer. Llewyn is a very talented singer and songwriter, but he never reaches his full potential. He tries to make it as a soloist, but he never stops mourning the death of his singing partner

The performances were incredible. Oscar Issac continues to impress me, and i believe this might be his best performance to date. He was great as Llewyn, and he also is a very talented singer. Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake were also great. I wish John Goodmen and Adam Driver had more screentime. Both their characters were decisive and took me out of this film a little bit.

While I loved this film, the second half definitely wasn't as strong as the first half. The pacing a bit, especially during the latter part of the film. Also, while its a great film, It doesn't have a high rewatchability factor.

Overall, I loved inside Llewyn Davis and i definitely recommend it.

8.6/10 (A-)