2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★½

I was watching this movie going back and forth between thinking it was slow and somewhat dull but there moments and sequences when I thought this is terrific. I'm still somewhat perplexed by some of the things that happened, maybe its out of utter stupidity that I didn't get the baby going around earth or why, even though amazing, why the Jupiter scene had to be so long.

Reflecting i understand the beginning with the apes. While watching I was confused but now I understand the violence and the curiosity of this scene. I was sucked into the a vortex of amazing music and directing even more when we get into the space stage and Kubrick does the outside shots of ships. Those were absolute mind blowing. And even though along movie which I still do find got slow at some points, everything he put in the movie need to be there. You did need to see what it looked like when he travels through Jupiter.

I did enjoy this movie and see how it completely transformed cinema and special effects but with high expectations I expected something. And that is a stupid answer.. something. How can i dislike something for not being in a movie when I don't know what it is. It's just hard to explain in words. Maybe if I watch it again but now it is unexplainable.