Gravity ★★★★

We are in space.

It's not some green screen effect, its not some computer special effects. Okay, yes it is, but what Alfonso Cuarón has created is outer space. The first ten minutes or so of GRAVITY is beautiful, Cuarón glides his characters through space. The camera floats, catching bits and pieces of what the characters are doing. Cuarón doesn't bring us the action, he brings the action too us. With that, we know what to expect, as Ryan Stone (Bullock) and Matt Kowalski (Clooney) are a medical engineer and an astronauts for NASA repairing a satellite. Everything seems good, they are a bit nervous as anyone would be in a situation like that, but soon, a Russian satellite that has been blown up heads for their spot in a shower of space dubree. What happens then, is the ultimate fight for survival in the vast open land of space.

Bullock is a amazing as Ryan Stone. How she starts off all scared and naive and then, with the blink of an eye, she must grow up quick and learn to adapt to her sudden environment. She is not an astronaut but she must learn to be one. With that we see her evolve as the space lowly engulfs her. its a classic survival story told in a familiar place, but Cuarón just amps it up to a thousand. The space in this film is beautiful and deadly. We see it in its full spectrum, through the eyes of the characters as the ominous earth reflects off of there helmets, the sun sets, it rises its just..... amazing! This is hard to review man, but GRAVITY is just one of the best films of the year.

Yes, its over hyped but that doesn't mean its not good. It doesn't have the mystery of 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY or the heroic adventure of APOLLO 13 but this film is one of its own. One film that will stand forever in the limelight of science fiction films. People will remember this for a long time, it will be a classic. The more I talk about it the more I like it. :)