The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man ★★★★½

An invisible man can rule the world.
-The Invisible Man

After yet another fresh rewatch I'm looking forward even LESS to Universal's "Rebooted Cinematic Universe". I won't lie, I'm a geek and got a little excited when I first heard about their plans... that was back when hardly any details were available and I could just fill in the blanks with my imagination... those days are gone now.

First I learned that Dracula Untold is part of it, I think they did that in the late stages but I can't be sure and then the fatal blow of Universal saying these films were going to be CGI heavy Action/Adventure films as apposed to horror. Seriously? Come on!

So basically Universal Studios don't just want to build a "Cinematic Universe" like Marvel Studios has, but they want to make the same type of films as well using their classic Universal Monsters. WHAT THE HELL? You have the most iconic figures in classic horror at your disposal and you're going to give me action/adventure films?!

The original Universal Monsters were magic captured on film with talents like Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, Jr. and Boris Karloff immortalizing iconic characters that live on today in THEIR interpretations of them with director James Whale making the best they had to offer. A horror centric cinematic universe around those iconic characters would have been great. We're getting action movies instead.

Anyways... over 80 years later James Whale's classic is still the greatest Invisible Man film ever made and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

🦇 Dr. DuLacula 🧛 liked these reviews