Thelma

Thelma ★★★½

Jesus cunt?
-Anja

It's that time of year! 2018 Top 10 lists! It's when all the Letterboxd snobs come out in full force on twitter completely crapping on other people's lists with an air of superiority like no other. What gets me is that some of these people are the same ones that complain and freak out all year when someone comments on one of their reviews that they don't agree with. Bunch of hypocrites. I guess it's different when you do it behind someone's back in a subtweet instead of commenting somewhere they can see it and respond to you.

Ugh. After getting agitated on Twitter (no wonder I hardly post there anymore) I figured I need a lighthearted and humorous film to change my mood. Enter Thelma. My first time seeing Eili Harboe in anything and she was just fantastic. I understand the comparisons to a certain classic horror film, but I think if you hold that against it you're missing the bigger picture. I don't want to name the movie or even comment on exactly what happens in the film because I went into this with zero knowledge or expectations and I suggest if you're in the same boat as that give it a go. I'll say it's a bit of a slow burn, but there's some chilling moments here and a few uplifting ones surprisingly.

---------------------------------------------------